Thursday, April 10, 2008

3D Fish Cake


Finding it easy to make the dinosaur cake for my daughter's birthday, I ventured into another project for a family members birthday. I was given a task of making some kind of fish cake, along the lines of a bass fish or fishing cake. Originally they had asked for a basic sheet cake with some sort of fishing theme related to bass fishing. I was able to come up with the bass fish itself looking at a picture of one and building the cake around that image. Using the same basic principles as the dinosaur cake I was able to move the cake sections around to the shape I wanted and used frosting to create the details of the fish. This one was a little more difficult to frost, and the pictures were taken before completed with all detail, but you can pretty much see the outcome. In the end, I had a lot of fun doing it, despite being up late that night and ending up with the full blown flu the next day, my family members got their cake on time!

No comments: